Effective Date: June 2021
Last Updated: June, 2021
Your privacy and trust are essential to us. This Privacy Statement explains how the Law Offices of Ginger R. Lore, P.A. (“LOGRL”, “we”, “us”, “our”, and “law firm”) collect, use, and share your personal information in connection with the website, application (including a mobile application), product, software, or service that links to this Privacy Statement (we call these our “Services”). Our website and any mobile application(s) are referred to collectively as “Sites”.
BROWSING OR USING OUR SITES DOES NOT MAKE YOU A CLIENT
Please be advised that browsing the Sites or using its services or functionality does not make you a client. The Sites are provided for general informational purposes and convenience. The Sites do not provide legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice. If you need legal advice, you should personally contact a lawyer or your local bar association.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
LOGRL adheres to the following principles when processing your personal data:
- Data must be processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently.
- Data must be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Data must be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary concerning the purposes for which they are processed.
- Data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Data must be kept in a form that permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- Data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal information, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage by using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information you may provide include:
- first and last name
- job title and company name
- email address
- phone number
- mailing address
- username and password to register with us and access password-protected areas of our Sites (if applicable)
- any other identifier that permits LOGRL to make contact with you
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal information through our Sites. However, if we collect sensitive personal information, we will ask for your consent as required by the applicable law to our proposed use of that information at the time of collection.
LOGRL collects, stores, and uses information about your visits to the Sites and about your computer, tablet, mobile, or other devices through which you access the Sites. This includes the following:
- anonymous information that does not identify you directly or indirectly and provides statistical information concerning how you use our Sites or information that is linked to a cookie ID or other ID that is not paired in our records with your identifiable information, including name, phone number, or email address
- information about you and your computer collected automatically using standard tracking technologies when you visit the Sites, including your Web browser type and operating system, your IP address, and information regarding the content you view and features you access on the Sites, cookies, analytical tools, or other technologies;
- free widgets for social sharing that interact with the online advertising operations on behalf of other parties.
- name, contact details, and professional experience and qualifications from publicly accessible sources, such as LinkedIn;
- information you have made public on websites associated with you or your company or social media platforms.
WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
LOGRL collects personal information as follows:
- when you voluntarily provide it to us on the Sites or offline;
- when you sign up to receive emails, alerts, or other communications;
- when you communicate with us either on the Sites or offline; and
- from third-party sources
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information collected via the Sites as provided in this Policy. The purpose for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is explained below.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or registered to use the Sites and, in each case, where you have not opted out of receiving that marketing (please see above “HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION”). You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by:
- contacting us as provided
- using the “unsubscribe” link with each marketing communication.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Affiliated firms and advisors: we share your information with our related firms and advisors as necessary to carry out the purposes for which the information was supplied or collected.
- Service providers: we use third parties to assist with the running of the Sites and our services, including hosting providers, recruitment agencies, IT providers, software providers, marketing database providers, accountants, HR system providers. Our third-party service providers are subject to security and confidentiality obligations and are only permitted to process your personal information for specified purposes and per our instructions.
- Social media networks: LOGRL uses social sharing and other “widgets” to interact with social media networks. Some of these social media networks track your visit to our Sites (or any other website that uses the widgets) because when you visit those websites, they may place personally identifiable “cookies” in your browser that are then transmitted back to the social network when you visit other sites that happen to use that network’s social sharing widgets (even if you do not “click” on or interact with the widget).
In addition, LOGRL may disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, including to permit the due diligence required to decide whether to proceed with a transaction
- if all or substantially all of LOGRL’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation
- if necessary to protect the vital interests of a person; and
- to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to establish, exercise, or defend the rights of LOGRL, our staff, customers, or others.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA” ): To deliver services and products to you, we must transfer your personal information outside of the EEA to our affiliated firms and our third-party service providers located outside the EEA. This includes the USA. Where personal information is transferred to and stored in a country not determined by the European Commission as providing adequate levels of protection for personal information, we take steps to provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information by implementing standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. If you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA, please contact us using the details set out above.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
LOGRL uses appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security measures to protect personal information online and offline from unauthorized use, loss, alteration, destruction, or modification. We use physical and procedural security measures to safeguard information. Where data processing is carried out on our behalf by a third party, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized disclosure of personal information. Despite these safeguards, however, LOGRL cannot guarantee the security of data.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal information will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed. We will retain your personal information for as long as your registration on the Sites is active or as needed to provide you with services or information you have requested.
You have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes and to withdraw consent for your use of your data. Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests, you also have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to process your personal data based on our legitimate interests. Where you object on this ground, we shall no longer process your personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that overrides your interests, rights, freedoms, or the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
You also have the following rights under applicable data protection laws to request that we rectify your personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete. In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request the erasure of your personal information erasure (“right to be forgotten”);
- restrict the processing of your personal information to processing in certain circumstances.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, subject to applicable law. For example, we may refuse a request for the erasure of personal information where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. We may refuse to comply with a request for restriction if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking action requested; or
- refuse to act on the request.
Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the person’s identity making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
COOKIES, ANALYTICAL TOOLS, AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
You can generally opt-out of online ads’ behavioral targeting component by using the resources provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please note, however, that if you delete your cookies, you will need to re-do any prior opt-outs through the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative.
The Sites are not directed at children, and we will not knowingly accept or request personal information from individuals under the age of 18 years. If we find that we have collected personal information from a person under age 18, subject to applicable law, we will either:
- delete this information from our databases, per our deletion procedures; or
- obtain verifiable parental consent, per the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
From time to time, the Sites may contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and affiliates, including social media networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies. LOGRL does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.