Estate Planning

Through estate planning you can name a guardian for your minor children; state your wishes for your financial affairs, health care and end-of-life care if you become incapacitated; and identify family members and other loved ones that you wish to receive your property after your death.


In a guardianship, a person, institution, or agency is appointed by the court to manage the affairs of another ("ward”). In Florida, a guardian must be represented by an attorney. A guardian has a duty to act in the ward’s best interest and must file certain reports with the court.


After a person dies, ownership of his or her property, assets and personal effects must be passed on to the beneficiaries (heirs). “Probate” is the legal name given to this process.

Medicaid Planning

Medicaid planning provides options that allow a loved one to receive benefits without having to give up hard-earned savings.